Monday, October 8, 2012

On the lean and green menu this week!

I just finished planning my first week's lean & green menu, and it was pretty intense! First, I had to figure out from the list what exactly I wanted to eat, and then I had to come up with ways to put them in recipes. Everything is pretty basic so far, but I'm sure as I go along I'll come up with more ideas and ways to make my menu more exciting.
Here's a list of the things I'll be eating in the evening this week.

Tuesday:
Grilled shrimp, cauliflower rice, and a side salad with tomatoes, pine nuts, and balsamic breeze dressing.

Wednesday:
Baked chicken breast and roasted
asparagus, zucchini, and mushrooms.

Thursday:
An egg white vegetable (mushrooms and zucchini) omelette with MorningStar Farms veggie sausage links, and two wedges of laughing cow light cheese.

Friday:
Spaghetti squash "spaghetti" with light tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, and ground buffalo.

Saturday:
Grilled chicken salad with tomatoes, pine nuts, sliced black olives, and balsamic breeze dressing.

Sunday:
Chicken kebabs with mushrooms, zucchini, and green and red peppers. Two wedges of laughing cow light cheese.

Monday:
Shrimp stir fry With mushrooms, zucchini, Broccoli, and Shirataki noodles (which I am very interested in trying. They are made out of plant root, and have zero cal, zero fat, and they are a free addition to any meal.)

So that's it! It's going to be an interesting week, but at least I know I will have delicious meals to look forward to at the end of the day.
I will post pictures, and reviews of my meals on my blog. Bon appétit!

1 comment:

  1. I want to eat all of that! I think I'm going to add some of your meals into my meal plans :)

    ReplyDelete