Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving

As soon as I began considering doing the Take Shape for Life program, one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind was, "MAN!! Thanksgiving and Christmas are gonna suck!!" My family makes the best food around the holidays. I knew it was going to be very tough to resist.

As it turns out, I'm glad that I had these thoughts early. I've been mentally preparing for weeks. I've had my menu planned for a few days now. Thankfully, I can have turkey; 6 oz of white meat. But no mashed potatoes, no gravy, no stuffing, no bread, no desert. Sigh! But I came up with ways to make it seem like I was still having a traditional dinner. With my turkey, I'll be having mashed cauliflower, garlic green beans, and a salad :) for desert, I will have a medifast brownie.

Since I've never made mashed cauliflower before, I decided to test run it with my lean and green tonight. FREAKING. AMAZING!! I steamed half a cup of it, put it in the magic bullet with about a teaspoon of milk, a little parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Mrs.Dash seasoning. Whirl, whirl, whirl, and it was ready! It was the same consistency as mashed potatoes, and color too! And it tasted delicious. I'm glad I tested it! Now I'm even more excited for Thursday. :)

Bring it on, skinny thanksgiving!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment