Monday, January 28, 2013

Skinny seafood portofino

Experimenting with food is a huge key to a successful diet, in my opinion. Keeping things fresh and trying new flavors will keep you interested and motivated in keeping with your goals. While grocery shopping last week, I noticed a new item that piqued my interest. Philadelphia cooking creme. If you only use a little, it's relatively low in fat, and has a good protein! It comes in a low fat version too, but I haven't found that yet. I will keep looking! I plan on trying this with a few different recipe ideas to see how well it works, but I am definitely impressed so far! I used savory garlic for this recipe :)

Ingredients:

Non stick cooking spray
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons red onion (I use dehydrated)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
Sprinkle of Mrs. Dash onion & herb seasoning
Dash of Italian seasoning
1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
7 oz peeled shrimp, raw or cooked
2 tbs Philadelphia cooking creme
1 and 1/2 cup spaghetti squash, cooked
2-3 tbs parmesan cheese


In a large sauté pan, heat up cooking spray on medium heat. Add garlic and red onion, stirring often to brown. After 5 minutes, add mushrooms in an even layer. Add seasonings. Brown on both sides until mushrooms are caramelized and lightly crispy. Deglaze the pan by adding the beef broth and picking up the browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add shrimp and heat through. Add 2 tablespoons of cooking creme and stir until it creates a creamy sauce. Add the spaghetti squash and stir. Simmer everything together to meld the flavors and serve. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment