Friday, December 14, 2012

Ooh yea!

I had an amazing stroke of genius at midnight. It involved and oven, and a turnip. Crazy you say? Wait til you taste this amazingtotallyfeelslileyou'recheating snack. Ladies and gents, I present to you:

Turnip fries with spicy ketchup!

I was really craving fries tonight. I love fries. I miss them. Then wham! This hits me. I have a few turnips in the fridge... Hmmm. I took a smallish medium turnip, peeled it, then sliced it into fry shaped sticks. In a pan, I sprayed Pam, tossed the fries with a dash of garlic powder and mrs dash original salt free seasoning, and mixed up the whole thing. Then I arranged the fries in a single layer and cooked them in a pre heated 425* oven for about 15 minutes, stirring a few times, and out came this golden, delicious smelling creation. They were a little limp, but I totally felt like I was eating fries. A tablespoon of ketchup with a few drops of hot sauce made it so awesome. Mission accomplished.

The best part?

Melo's awesome turnip fries: 54 calories (including ketchup)

Same amount of potato fries and ketchup: 107 calories!

Win!



No comments:

Post a Comment